My Musing Space: Numb chin syndrome update #5

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Numb chin syndrome update #5

Hmm! I thought that Update #4 would be the very last, but now I feel like posting one more "last" update. First off, let me assure my dear visitors, more precisely my co-sufferers, that this is not a negative post. All is well! But I noticed an interesting sensation that developed quite recently and seems to linger on.

When we brush our teeth, if we pay attention at all to the sensation as the brush touches the gum, normally we hardly feel anything at all. Now the area of the final nerve endings, the bottom left side around my teeth, both in front and behind, became super sensitive. No, it is not painful at all. It is quite ticklish, more like as if I was brushing the palm of my hand. Giving it a second thought, I just ran my tongue over the area and I do feel it more acutely than in the other gum areas. But I would not have noticed it otherwise.

I don't know how long this phase will last but it doesn't really matter. As far as my "quality of life" is concerned, this sensation does not constitute an interference. As I wrote higher up: All is well! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home