My Musing Space: Spanking revisited

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Spanking revisited

Almost a year passed and I decided to revisit the topic. I did my search on the web only to find that religious disciplining, both Christian and Muslim (I did not search for others) are alive and well. (Spanking As A Discipline For Children , Using Spanking Discipline , bible.org - The Board of Education). Yet, there is mounting evidence that spanking is undoubtedly harmful. Here are a few good links:
Experts: Spanking Harms Children, Especially Girls,
Study: Spanking kids leads to long-term bad behavior,
10 REASONS NOT TO HIT YOUR CHILD.

With horror did I read this webpage where the child is left with a babysitter, she misbehaves horribly, and when the mother return, she receives her with a beaming smile and the request: "'Pank me."

I quote:
"--"Do you want Mommy to spank you?" I asked, my jaw dropping in astonishment.
--"Yes!" said Haven, and she jumped out of bed for her correction. Afterward, she locked her arms around me in a bear hug.
-- As this story reveals, correction can reach the heart of a child. And it should! Corporal punishment is most effective when our kids know what God says about discipline."


Can you believe this? And the mother is totally blind to what this really means.

To prove my point, here is a site which shows the results of this "loving" childhood spanking, or at least one of the ways it carries into adulthood -
Loving wife spanking...?
To quote from the site: "After all, HE created eroticism to be enjoyed inside a Christian marriage."

Now for a few examples of Muslim discipline, I particularly like the ones on wife beating... :P

Discussion on Egyptian TV, one on Saudi TV, and finally an educational show, where the cleric explains to some young boys how to go about the business of punishing their spouses.

Why do I like these video snippets? Because I found out from them that, as they acknowledge it in the last video, it is all right for wives to beat up their husbands occasionally, too, and (according to the interviewee, at least...) this practice isn't frowned upon in the Middle East. So, my logic goes, if Allah and God are the same person, and Islam is the newer religion, then maybe these people are right, now He approves of it. If so, then when my husband gets out of line next time, I will get my peddle, bare his bottom, lay him across my lap and will administer the appropriate punishment. (Ah, it feels good sometimes to be a FEmale CHO(au)vinist!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home